As we approach the end of 2017, we’re excited about what the New Year will bring. This year has been a year of change for us at Workplace Central, and we know that we can bring our A-game for our clients and employees, to bring them great value, super-useful employment solutions, in the coming year. We’re sharing with you some of our ideas to kick-start 2018, we hope you’ll use them and see amazing success for the year ahead.
- Set Goals. They don’t need to be complicated, but they do need to be realistic. Write them down and display them for everyone to see. Make sure you then check back in on these goals regularly. Have a team meeting once a month where the goals are part of the agenda, so the whole team becomes involved in achieving them.
- Check your Culture. If your year has been a bit ho-hum, you might need to give your culture a bit of an awakening. Spend the last few weeks of the year investing in the relationships with your team, so coming into work becomes a pleasure for everyone. It’s not that hard to say ‘hello’ to your colleagues as they arrive for the day, and it starts communication on the right track.
- Get advice, so you can focus on what’s important. If there’s something you’ve been procrastinating on, book a meeting today with someone who can help you to resolve it. Taking one thing off your to-do list can improve your focus on the right tasks going forward.
- Connect with local businesses. Don’t just go to a networking event and talk to your colleagues. Meet some local business people and arrange to connect with them again in 2018. Why? Because the greater your business support network, the greater your business. It’s often much easier to talk through ideas or challenges with a local business person, than your significant other.
- Check in with your customers. Especially during this busy time of year, talk to your customers, check your customer service, ask for suggestions and simply connect with them. Businesses can get so caught up in the ‘doing’ that relationships can suffer from the lack of outside of the day-to-day, get stuff done conversations.
At Workplace Central, we’d love to be part of your journey in 2018. Get in touch with us to explore opportunities for your employment needs today.