Christmas and New Years is right around the corner, with the increased business for some or winding down and break ups happening for others, there are many things to consider at this time of year!
Here are a few tips for preparing and planning your end of year business activities:
- Plan rosters in advance to make sure you have enough staff on board to meet the Christmas rush.
- Check in with staff to make sure they are having scheduled breaks and aren’t overwhelmed in busy periods.
- Review where public holidays fall this year and the corresponding pay rates to ensure staff are correctly paid.
- Make your Christmas trading hours or close down dates clear by notifying the public on your website or shop front, specifying when customers can expect delivery and services to return to normal.
- Keep your website content up-to-date and relevant with end of year promotions or notices for customers and clients.
- If you’re running a promotion or selling gift cards, make sure the terms are clearly defined.
- Ensure there is adequate food and consideration of the responsible consumption of alcohol during Christmas and break up parties. It is important to be weary of the impact alcohol at workplace functions!
- Back everything up – make sure you don’t lose any of the hard work you completed throughout the year, especially if you are about to take some time off.
- Reflect on the 2016 and plan for the year ahead. The end of year provides a fantastic opportunity to review the year’s results and your biggest achievements plus looking back at any opportunities for improvement.
- It is also a great time to congratulate staff on their personal contributions to your business, encouraging further positive participation in the new year.
FYI – Workplace Central will be staying open throughout the festive season, closing only on public holidays.