As part of the four-yearly review of Modern Awards, there have been some clarification and plain-language changes to the following modern awards, which will apply from the first full pay period on or after 18 June 2020.
These awards include:
- Aircraft Cabin Crew Award 2010
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2010
- Business Equipment Award 2010
- Dredging Industry Award 2010
- Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
- Horse and Greyhound Training Award 2010
- Journalists and Published Media Award 2010
- Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award 2010
- Marine Towage Award 2010
- Miscellaneous Award 2010
- Pest Control Industry Award 2010
- Pharmacy Industry Award 2010
- Ports, Harbours and Enclosed Waters Vessels Award 2010
- Professional Employees Award 2010
- Seagoing Industry Award 2010
- Security Services Award 2010
- Sugar Industry Award 2010
- Supported Employment Services Award 2010
You can access a copy of the updated modern awards through the Fair Work Commission website.
It’s important to remember that employers must ensure that an updated copy of the award/s for their workplace is available for employees to access, either through a staff notice board or other digital means.
Although the changes are likely to be minor in this instance, it’s still important to review the award for any changes and provide access to the new award for your staff.
Got questions? Speak to our Workplace Partners on 1300 766 380.