Workplace Central is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for all workers, contractors, volunteers, visitors and members of the public.
Hazards or risks to health and safety will be eliminated or minimised, as far as is reasonably practicable, so as to prevent injury, illnesses and dangerous incidents.
Workplace Central considers safety and incident prevention to be vital to the ultimate success of the organisation’s operations and is an integral part of management’s responsibilities.
Management will meet these requirements by:
- complying with both the spirit and letter of the law for all matters relating to work health and safety;
- providing a safe working environment;
- providing safe working conditions and safe operating procedures for all company activities;
- eliminating workplace hazards;
- developing a consultation process that involves all workers in identifying and resolving health and safety issues;
- providing workers with information, instruction, training and supervision to allow workers to work safely and without risk to their health;
- providing contractors and visitors with information, instruction, training and supervision to work safely and without risk to their health; and
- making safety equipment and personal protective equipment available whenever required.
You have a duty to:
- work in a manner which ensures the health and safety of yourself and others;
- follow all safe work practices, procedures, instructions, directions and rules;
- participate in induction, training and any other program in the interests of health and safety;
- comply with consultation procedures in the workplace;
- encourage other workers to work in a healthy and safe manner;
- report or rectify any unsafe conditions that come to your attention, providing as much information and relevant details as possible which may assist in a solution;
- report incidents immediately via the Incident Report Form;
- provide feedback to management in relation to any concerns regarding your own or others health and safety or welfare in the workplace;
maintain a clean and orderly work area;
- report for work unaffected by alcohol, other drugs (which may include over the counter or prescription medication) or severe sleep deprivation, which may hinder your ability to carry out your duties in a safe and legal manner;
- not wilfully or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided for health and safety; and
- not wilfully injure yourself.
Where a ‘worker’ is referred to, this applies to all other workers in the workplace, including employees, agents, volunteers, work experience students, labour hire personnel, contractors and subcontractors of either Workplace Central or the Host Employer.
This policy is an integral part of our total management plan. Our goal is to have zero injuries to workers, contractors and members of the public within our workplace. This can only be achieved through consultation with and cooperation by all.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility.